Wednesday, September 12, 2018

journal #3

I think people are over thinking the name aspect that someone's name is so important I don't believe a name is that important.
the names that are more common for African Americans were not a popular trend until 1980 which I didn't think name kids would a have a wave or trend.
the culture barrier they believe has an impact on the name we chose and how we act could effect our child's name

A name doesn't define who you are as a person what defines you as a person is what actions you make whether you decide to be a criminal or police officer its what think not what your named.
No I would never change my name I like my name its what they called my father and that's what they call me I don't think changing my name would have a direct impact on me. Things that can be tied to a bad name history like things you have done and mistakes you made will never be let go. Also stereotypes  about people with that name can have a negative impact and the way people see you.
I do agree with the authors choice to change there name because its almost like a banner or piece if clothing you wear you can always change It if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment